Friday, April 1, 2016

Happy Birthday Power Poppy!!


Hello Everyone!!!  Are you ready to PARTY??  Power Poppy is turning TWO and we want to celebrate with you!  WOOHOO! We want to THANK YOU, our sweet and encouraging peeps around the world, for helping us spread the botanical abundance and zest for life. Your creativity, love, and generosity of spirit is SO STRONG! We are thrilled to kick off another year of flowering and empowering together.  From Friday through Monday, we're offering 20% OFF all Stamps, Digital and Clear. Use discount code: MARCELLA at checkout to receive the special savings. PLUS, for four days only we have a special birthday digi for only TWO BUCKS! Did you see the cake and sentiment I've used for today's card, well this is the fabby new set (plus one more sentiment) called Layer Cake!  Visit Power Poppy to learn more.

It's also Power Poppy Friday and as it's the first Friday of the month, that also means a brand spanking new challenge hosted by the lovely Christine!  This month she's challenged you to use just three colours (which as you can see above, I'm not playing that challenge today!!) and by playing along you could win the stamp set of your choice from Power Poppy!

Power & Spark - 3 Marker Challenge - only use 3 markers to colour. 
1.  Pick three markers from the same colour family to create a monochromatic design
2.  Pick three markers from complementary colour families  - easier to blend
3.  For the courageous or expert....pick three random markers and colour away!

In my 'real' job, I work in a cake supplies store selling all sorts of cake making products, so of course I had to colour up this beauty ASAP!!!  Now you could turn this into an Ombre Cake with the different levels the same colour going from the lightest to darkest shade, but I was in the party mood and gone the full rainbow cake!  I've used a base of Marina Mist and layered with Very Vanilla (with some orange ribbon wrapped around it and some Wild Wasabi cut with Valiant Honor die.  I've printed out the Layer Cake image and sentiment onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics......LOTS of Copics (so I totally failed the 3 Marker Challenge today!).  I've cut this to fit the green panel and chomped the corners with a corner punch.  To finish I've added a little paper bunting and some sequins for a little birthday sparkle!  :)

Stamps - Layer Cake (Power Poppy)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Wild Wasabi, MME Six by Six DP
Ink - Printer
Accessories - Copics, Spellbinders Valiant Honor Die, Buntings and Button Die, Orange Ribbon, Sequins

So many fabulous cards on offer today, for the 3 Marker Challenge, for Power Poppy Friday, for the Birthday Digi release, you won't want to miss it, so pop by and leave a little love!

Allison Cope
Christine Okken
Cindy Lawrence
Julie Koerber
Kathy Jones
Katie Sims
Leslie Miller
Stacy Morgan
Tosha Leyendekker

Cheryl Scrivens
Marcella Hawley - The Power Poppy Blog

Before I sign off for the day, I want to say Good-bye to our totally sweet team member, Leslie who is off to enjoy her retirement with her hubby and making the most of all life has to offer.  As happy as we are for her, we will miss her dearly.  Bye Leslie, it has been such a joy to be on this team with you, enjoy every day and each new adventure and hopefully we will still see you in blogland!  We will MISS YOU!!  HUGS!!!

That's all from me today, enjoy the party and hope you are inspired to stamp!!  :)

7 comments:

Leslie Miller said...

You colored this up so CUTE, Kathy! I love it! Now, why didn't I know you worked in a cake supply shop? That sounds like a lot more fun than what I did for 31 years. Hey, I'll still be around and I've always got my eye on you. Thanks for the happy wishes, my friend!

Patti J said...

Oh my gosh, Kathy - I ordered this set after I saw your card! LOVE this!!! Thanks for sharing :)

Davi said...

SUCH a Fun card, I love the rainbow cake and the frame for it!! A perfect birthday card :)

Stacy Morgan said...

So colorful and fun Kathy! You did awesome with the cake. :-)

ChristineCreations said...

EEE! This is just so so cute Kathy! Love this design and the cute little banners with the colourful cake! Awesome job cake lady :)

Gab said...

That is just the best card ever ... bummed I've been away and missed out on the $2 deal. Never mind!

Lisa Lara said...

Absolutely gorgeous Kathy. I love that cake.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails