Friday, October 19, 2018

Diorama Delights!


Hello Everyone!  Today the Breadsticks are having a play with all the latest release goodies from Our Daily Bread Designs and wasn't it a fun month with the new Diorama Dies!!  This set came with the base and layers all in one set so the card was made in a snap!!  Add to that a selection of border dies to create scenes in the diorama and you have a bunch of fun!

For my first card I used the Diorama With Layers Dies and matching Neighborhood Border die and Cloud Borders dies to create my scene.  I cut many of the Neighborhood Borders out of different colours and then cut and patched together to make a charming cottage theme.  Now I could have made it in a Snowy Christmas theme, but it's Summer and HOT here in Australia at this time of year, so green I left it!  I've paired this with some funky plaid paper from the Christmas Collection 2017 paper, a poinsettia created with Peaceful Poinsettias dies and the sentiment from Great Joy stamped onto a die cut made with Pennant Flags!

Stamps - Great Joy - sentiment (ODBD)
Paper - ODBD Christmas Collection 2017, Cream, White, Red, Green, Kraft, Yellow
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - ODBD Dies: Diorama and Layers, Neighborhood Border, Cloud Borders, Peaceful Poinsettias, Pennant Flags; Glue



For my second Diorama With Layers card, I let the diorama inside stay more subtle by using the silhouette image from Holy Night in black and only let the star glow in silver.  I've kept the card a deep blue, adding white "stars" to the background and some beautiful silver paper from Winter Collection for the front.  I've left my Wisemen from Great Joy to shine in this card by stamping in Memento Black onto X-press It Blending Card and colouring with Copic Markers and diecutting with the matching die from Great Joy.  I've actually also used the die to cut a plain piece of card to adhere behind the Wisemen to make them nice and sturdy.  Finally I've used the sentiment from the same set and die cut with Pennant Flags and adhered that to the top.

Stamps - Great Joy (ODBD)
Paper - ODBD Winter Collection, Blue, Black, X-press It Blending Card
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - ODBD Dies: Diorama and Layers, Holy Night; Copics, White Opaque Pen

You can find all today's projects and be inspired on the ODBD Blog, Web Pages, the ODBD GalleryFacebookPinterest and Instagram

That's all from me today, thanks for popping by and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :) 



2 comments:

Helen said...

WhooHooo! These are gorgeous. Lovin' the dioramas.

Gab said...

Oh wow, these are fantastic!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails