Saturday, August 1, 2020

You Are My Lighthouse


Hello Everyone! Today we are showcasing the August Release by Divinity Designs!  I am using the new stamp set called Shine Bright!  I really like this adorable lighthouse and it also has a great combination of sentiments as well!

I've used a blue base and layered with River Rock.  I've stamped the lighthouse and sentiment from Shine Bright in black onto X-press It Blending Card and applied layers of Distress Ink for the sky and sea and coloured the lighthouse with Copics.  I've deliberately added touches of red and yellow down the side of the lighthouse for some reflected light.  I've also added the red band around the middle because I felt I made the lighthouse a little top heavy with the red.  I've framed this with America the Beautiful paper diecut with Pierced Frames.  I felt it looked a bit dark, so I've added a frame of aqua using Lavish Layers.  To finish I've added some River Rock Ribbon, some twine and a nautical charm.

Stamps - Shine Bright (Divinity Designs)
Ink - Black, Distress Inks: Broken China, Stormy Sky, Chipped Sapphire, Hickory Smoke, Peacock Feathers
Paper - Divinity Designs America the Beautiful, Blue, Aqua, River Rock
Accessories - Divinity Designs Dies: Pierced Frames, Lavish Layers; Copics, Spica Pen, River Rock Ribbon, Charm, Glue, Twine


For my second project, I've used the new Accordion Fold with Layers Die for the base card and layers.  It is a loooooooong die at a length of 12 inches, so it is easier with a long platform.  The layers are created using Beautiful Blooms paper.  Around the middle I've used the Belly Band Die to cut a matching base and the Beautiful Blooms paper (solid) for the layers.  I've decorated this with Vintage Labels 2 (airbrushed with R83 Copic) and topped with another diecut stamped with the sentiment from Shine Bright! I've then used Birthday Blooms Stamp/Die Duo to create all the flowers and leaves with a little extra help using my Misti to make sure of even inking!

Stamps - Shine Bright (sentiment), Birthday Blooms SDD (flowers/leaves)
Ink - Memento Angel Pink and New Sprout, Catherine Pooler It's a Girl
Paper - Divinity Designs Beautiful Blooms, Ivory, White
Accessories - Divinity Designs Dies: Accordion Fold with Layers, Belly Band, Vintage Labels 2


So who is the lighthouse in the storm of life that could use a card??  I can think of a couple that are always there to keep me grounded and shines light when I need it and I hope you do too!  Make sure you check out Divinity Designs Blog, FacebookPinterest and Instagram for even more inspiration! Thanks for visiting today and hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

1 comment:

Gab said...

Really great cards!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails