Tuesday, February 9, 2010

2S4Y45 Pink Peonies

Hello Everyone!  I can't believe it has been a week since I last posted - life got really crazy at my house!  Finally after days of chaos I had the chance to sit down and stamp.  I had a look at the challenges and saw the sketch by 2S4Y and got to work.  :)

I started with a base of light pink bazzill and layered with white and some Kaisercraft Blushed DP.  Next I took a piece of Close to Cocoa and punched one side with the EK success Fleur de Lis border punch and attached some 1" pink satin over the top.  Next I took the centre and border from the brand new (released this week!) Beautiful Blossoms set and stamped it in Close to Cocoa and coloured the peonies in with markers (pretty in pink, regal rose, old olive) and a blender pen.  I cut it out with Large Oval Nestabilities and matted it with pink cut with the Large Scallop Ovals and popped it up on a panel of Cocoa cut with Label 8 Nestabilities.  To finish I added a large pink satin bow to the top corner.

Stamps - Beautiful Blossoms (JustRite)
Paper - Pink Bazzill, White, Kaisercraft Blushed DP
Ink - Close to Cocoa
Accessories - Label 8, Large Oval and Scallop Oval Nestabilities, EK Success Fleur de Lis border punch, Markers, Blender Pen, 1" Pink Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

22 comments:

Laura Davis said...

Beautiful! I love your bow :)
Thanks for playing at 2S4Y!
Laura

Sharon said...

Hi Kathy,

The colouring on your image is beautiful and that is one impressively perfect bow:)
Sorry to miss you at Daisychain on Saturday unfortunately I had arrangements made beforehand. Hoping you will do another class another time??

Sharon x

Marisa said...

This is lovely, Kathy!

Leigh said...

Kathy, what a pretty card. Love the image.

Jessie said...

So pretty Kathy! I love pink and brown and everything else on your card :) Have a great week!

Kerrie said...

OMG, its so beautiful, love the image and colours used.

Grace said...

Kathy I've missed your posts! This is gorgeous! Your pretty pinks are so feminine and soft.. I love it!!! The brown is so perfect with the pink! A favorite color combo!!! Hugs!

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhh, Kathy, that's SOOOO pretty! Love the satin ribbon and soft coloring.

Courtney Baker said...

Lovely girl!

Kathy Martin said...

Wow, pretty card! I love the ribbon and the flowers and border punch! Thanks for playing along with us at 2S4Y! :) Kathy

cnelson said...

This is oh so beautiful!! I so love that bow!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Kathy!! I love all the pink!! The ribbon and flowers are beautiful!! I was wondering how you were doing. I was ready to write you. Missed you....

I have to email you about these stamps. Have some questions.

big hugs to you my friend,
Chris

Silke Ledlow said...

GOROGEOUS!!! Love your card - Kathy!!! These new JR images are so fun and springy!!! Awesome design and colors too!!! Hugs ~S~

Danni said...

Gorgeous! love the ribbon, such a nice accent!

Francie G. said...

Beautiful, Kathy!

Michelle Woerner said...

Oh this is just lovely!! Hugs,

Betty Wright said...

Kathy, this is just beautiful! Wonderful colors and design! Lovely card!

A Consuming Passion said...

Just the perfect card Kathy!! My favourite colour combo too!

June Houck said...

Beautiful! You work your magic with those delicious satin ribbons. I have not mastered that yet. Your card is gorgeous, of course. I love KathyJ cards :)

Edna Morrisedie said...

So all of a sudden I am feeling special just because I can finally leave a comment on your blog.... not sure what has been happening but alas G's massive monitor is allowing me to view and comment!! I particularly like this card, likely due to the pink and brown, nice to see all the details in there, well done my friend!!!

Corie said...

So sweet -- love it!!

jjcreations said...

Beautiful card - that bow is wonderful.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails