Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Nesting...

 
Hello everyone!!!  Today I have made a Gable Box and matching card set to showcase the February released set called Nest.  I thought these would be great to give some one moving into a new home and you can fill the Gable Box with all sorts of goodies.  I found the tutorial for the Gable Box at SCS in the resources section if you want to try it yourself!  :) I've never actually made a Gable Box before, so this qualifies for the Our Creative Corner challenge to try and new technique!!  :)

I took a piece of yellow bazzill and cut, scored and taped it according to the tutorial at SCS.  Then I cut four pieces of Wisteria DSP for each side of the box and glued them down.  Next I added a piece of white cut with the Label 6 Nestabilities to the middle of the front panel.  I stamped both the sentiment and nest image from the Nest stamp set in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured it with markers and a blender pen and cut it out and popped it on top of the die cut.  I added the sentiment to the box and adhered a purple button and gold cord to the end of it and finished off by adding a couple of cream pearls below the nest and tied the top of the box with some purple satin ribbon.

For the matching card I started with a base of purple bazzill and layered with yellow and some Wisteria DSP.  The square panel is more Wisteria matted with yellow and I've stamped the sentiment from Nest in Memento Tuxedo Black directly to the paper and then tied some purple satin ribbon across the bottom.  Over the top of the ribbon I've added another white Label 6 die cut and popped up another nest the same as above.  To finish I added some cream pearls to the top corner, under the sentiment and added a bow made with the Bow Easy and tied a button on top with some gold cord.

Stamps - Nest (ODBD)
Paper - Yellow and Purple Bazzill, Wisteria DSP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Label 6 Spellbinders, 1/2" Purple Satin Ribbon, Purple and Yellow Buttons, Gold Cord, Cream Pearls, Markers, Blender Pen, Scissors and Foam Tape.

I hope you've enjoyed stopping by and nesting with me for a while!!!!

15 comments:

Silke Ledlow said...

Kathy - your card and box are BEAUTIFUL!!! The DP and the new ODBD are awesome!!! Hugs ~S~

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Gorgeous set :)

Jessie said...

What a beautiful set Kathy, the colours are gorgeous!

Lovely Linda said...

Hi Kathy - look at you - these are gorgeous!! Is there anything you can't do!?!? Love the Gable Box and the colours you have used. What a blessing these would be for someone jmoving into a new home!! Your colouring is gorgeous and I would say you are the 'Queen of the BowEasy!LOL" I have tried to email you over the past few days and they bounce back - will try again today!! God bless you Kathy - I hope you are well! {{{hugs}}}

Grace said...

Kathy I know I said it on the ODBD blog post... but this project just blows me away! It's just gorgeous!!! Thanks so much for all the effort put into it!! LOVE this dp and the gable box is fab!!!

jjcreations said...

What a beautiful image and you've coloured it so perfectly!!! Wonderful.

Sandee Shanabrough said...

Kathy these are so soft and pretty and girly! Fantastic!!!!

Leigh said...

Lovely Kathy, just lovely.

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Kathy!! I just love your colors, dp and design on the card and gable box!! Gorgeous layout, color combo, and design!!

hugs,
Chris

Denise Marzec said...

Soooooo beautifully done, Kathy! Love these!

Debi said...

Kathy they are both beautiful!

Julie- justwritedesigns said...

These are beautiful, Kathy! Love the colors.

Anonymous said...

Kathy what a gorgeous set. You always do such a beautiful job.
Love it!
Hugs,
Pam

Edna Morrisedie said...

Two nests in one, you go girl, I like the bits you chose to put together with these... box looks great too!

scrapmaniac247 said...

Kathy, OMG all your creations are exquiste. I love them all!! Your use of punches and dies and you coloring and perfect hole punching WOW. I am green with envy! Thanks for sharing so many creations.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails