Friday, February 19, 2010

JRC_006 Beautiful Botanicals

Oh boy - what a week it has been.  Within 24hrs of my son bringing home this cold/flu from school the rest of the family came down with it too!  :(  I had one off school for days and a sick cranky toddler, sick hubby and I felt like death warmed up.  Not much fun in Summer I assure you.  Thankfully although nasty while you have it, it lasted *only* 3 days! (A very long 3 days - I didn't even look at my craft room during that time!)  So ---- now that I'm feeling better it was time to start creating again and what better way than making a Beautiful Botanical card for the JustRite Challenge this week (JRC_006) which you can find on the JustRite Stampers Blog!

I started with some pink bazzill, layered with Certainly Celery, white (punched with the Fiskars Eyelet Lace Embossing Border Punch) and two strips of some Imaginisce paper that I found in my stash.  Around this I added some white satin ribbon and above that a pink panel cut and embossed with the Spellbinders Eyelets Pendant die.  Popped on top of that I've stamped the Sweet Peas from JustRite's My Garden set in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with markers and a blender pen (regal rose and old olive).  To finish I added a white satin bow and some Kaisercraft Snow Pearls to the ribbon and the pendant.

Stamps - My Garden (JustRite)
Paper - Pink Bazzill, Certainly Celery, White, Imaginisce Magic Meadow
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Eyelets Pendant Die, Fiskars Eyelet Lace Embossing Border Punch, White Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, Markers, Blender Pen, Foam Tape.

I hope you are well wherever you are and thanks for stopping by for a visit!!  :)

22 comments:

Unknown said...

beautiful card Kathy. I love the color combinations that you used. I can also sympathize with you about being sick. My husband has had a cold for about a week and now I have it. Just waiting for my daughter to be next. Not a fun time!!
TFS,
Angela

Rosietoes said...

Kathy, so glad you are feeling better. What a pretty card - I love that eyelet die, it's on my wish list.
Love the colours.
Edna x

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous, Kathy! Beautiful colors, coloring, and design! Love this look! Lovely card!

Nancy Jensen said...

Gorgeous card! I hate it when my whole family gets sick too. I'm glad you are all starting to feel better.

Francie G. said...

Beautiful creation, Kathy! The diecut and the dp were just made for the beautiful image!

Glad you and you family are feeling better. Hugs!

Keri Lee Sereika said...

This is BEAUTIFUL Kathy! I love the colors and the "details" on it!

Eva said...

Kathy, this is a stunner...I so love the colors you used the dies and punch, they are just all so beautiful!!!! And thanks for the sweet comment on my blog!

Grace said...

Kathy this is beautiful!!! Such pretty colors and I'm so ready for flowers here! Today it's finally warming up and the sun is out! So sorry you have all been so sick and I do hope it makes a complete exit very soon and glad you are feeling better! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous!

Marisa said...

Glad you are all feeling better now. Not fun when the whole family gets sick at once - ugh!

Lovely card. Great focal image and I love how you framed it. darling use of the pearls on the ribbon and look at that bow :D

Glad you got your first gold medal :D I loved watching the event - even more fun when you know exactly where it is because I've skied there! Glad you can cheer for those who were born in your fair country even if they are not competing on your behalf. The guy that came second in the men's moguls used to be Canadian. I just love watching such a wonderfully high level of competition!! Cat's even getting used to all the cheering LOL!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Kathy, you might have been sick, but girl, you have not lost your touch ;D. Your card is GORGEOUS!!! I am glad to hear that you are better and back to creating...I have missed those fabulous creations of yours. Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Sharon said...

This is beautiful Kathy ~ I love all the pearl touches and of course the gorgeous bow! Glad to hear you are feeling better!

Sharon x

Danni said...

Hope all of your family is back to 100% soon!
Gorgeous, gorgeous card!!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice to see you back in the swing of things.... I like that stamp as you know and it looks great on the pendant thing... I used that paper not long ago myself, we must have bought it at the same time... looks good with the frilly border underneath!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey GF - so happy you all are doing better!!! Not fair to be sick in the Summer!!!

Glad to see you felt like stampin' again and what a BEAUTY you've created!!! The pendant makes this wonderful JR image stand out!!!

Have a great weekend!!! Hugs ~S~

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Very nice!! Elegant really :)

Leigh said...

I so want those pendant dies Kathy. You use them so well. Gorgeous card.

A Consuming Passion said...

Good to hear you're feeling a little better Kathy - beautiful card today too!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Hi Kathy!! I was away this week to visit family but came back and thought how much I have missed you. Miss chatting with you and wanted you to know I have been thinking of you dear friend!! I am glad to hear you are feeling better!!

Your card is stunning!! I love your design, the gorgeous coloring, the colors and your layout!! Another stunning Kathy creation!! So elegant!
hugs,
Chris

Philippa Petty said...

This card is beautiful. love the colour combo. Thanks for sharing.
Philippa

Denise Marzec said...

Love that eyelet lace! Glad to hear you're feeling better, too. :)

ChristineCreations said...

OH what a pretty stamp Kathy! And such pretty colors, beautifully framed too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails