Saturday, February 13, 2010

Double Challenge

It's not very often I combine challenges (probably because it takes me too long to think up something for one, let alone two!) - but today I've managed to do just that!  I first saw the LSC259 challenge at SCS to be inspired by something about the USA Presidents.....what the????  Being a Non-American I actually had to do some research - did you know that President Thomas Jefferson had a mockingbird called 'Dick' that lived in the White House Study?!  Then the IC219 challenge popped up at SCS where we had to be inspired by Geninne's Etsy Store and what do you know - most of it is BIRDS!  Bird No18 looked kinda like a mockingbird to me so I headed off to the creative corner......

I started with a base of grey bazzill and layered with very pale dusty blue bazzill and Baja Breeze.  Next I took a piece of grey Urban Garden DSP and punched one end with the Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch and layered with another piece of Urban Garden cut with the Label 8 Nestabilities and attached a piece of 1" blue satin ribbon through the middle.  The bird (OK, it is meant to be a sparrow - I've used some artistic licence) is from ODBD's He Watches Me and I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with markers (Going Grey, Basic Grey, Old Olive, Always Artichoke, Perfect Plum) and a blender pen and cut it out with Large Oval Nestabilities and mounted on more Baja Breeze and popped it up on foam tape.  To finish I stamped the sentiment (also from He Watches Me) in Memento Tuxedo Black in the bottom corner, added a few clear rhinestones to the other corners and also added a bow to the ribbon.

Stamps - He Watches Me (ODBD)
Paper - Grey and Pale Blue Bazzill, Baja Breeze, Urban Garden DSP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Label 8, Large Oval and Scalloped Oval Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Doily Lace Punch, 1" Blue Satin Ribbon, Kaisercraft Rhinestones, Markers, Blender Pen, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should make you an honorary American! Kudos on the Thomas Jefferson history lesson -- and your great color combo.
~Carolyn

Jean McKenzie said...

Very beautiful Kathy. I just love the way you can combine the Nesties so well!! That blue satin ribbon is gorgeous too and matches the colours perfectly!

Denise Marzec said...

Beautiful as can be! Love that gorgeous bow....perfectly tied!

Edna Morrisedie said...

This looks great Kathy, I like the bird on that particular nestie, nice combination of colours too, well balanced!

Courtney Baker said...

Wow that is absolutely GORGEOUS

Grace said...

Kathy you did a great job with both challenges! I know what you mean about combining them... I usually have trouble too but you aced it and good for you knowing those American Presidents!!! LOVE your blue bird/card!!!! I have to do one for today's IC because it's perfect!!!! Lovely details and matting... love that bow!!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful. Oh I like the monochramtic colors...

jjcreations said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous. I love the colours and this wonderful bird.

Marisa said...

Lovely card, Kathy! Love the multiple shapes and the bow is fabulous. Great colour combo too!

Sabrina Jackson said...

Kathy, what a gorgeous card!!! I love that shade of blue. The ribbon treatment is absolutely yummolicious and the MS lace punch rounds it all up...pure GORGEOUSNESS!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Betty Wright said...

Gorgeous colors and patterns, Kathy! Beautiful coloring and detailing! Lovely card!

Francie G. said...

Another beauty, Kathy! Fab ribbon and details!

Kelley said...

LOVE these colors!! So stunning!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails