Saturday, February 13, 2010

MTSC60 Happy Birthday Dad!!

Today is my Dad's birthday and I wanted to use a relaxed sea theme for his card.  Dad loves the ocean and used to sail when he was younger so I thought this serene scene would be perfect.  I also used this weeks Mercy's Tuesday Sketch Challenge for the layout - it was perfect for what I wanted to do.

I started with a base of Baja Breeze and layered with Chocolate Chip, White and some Windsor Knot DSP.  Next I took a piece of Chocolate Chip punched on one side with the EK Success Dotted Wave punch and layered with some Close to Cocoa DSP.  Over the top I took three pieces of natural twine and knotted it in the centre.  The image is from Beach Life by Flourishes.  I stamped it in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured it with markers (Choc Chip, Creamy Caramel, Old Olive, Brocade Blue, Bashful Blue) and cut it into a square that would fit inside the deckle edged rectangle of Chocolate Chip.  Finally I stamped the sentiment from Just a Note by JustRite in Chocolate Chip, cut it out with circle nestabilities and mounted it on a circle of Chocolate Chip and popped it up on Foam Tape.

Stamps - Just a Note (JustRite), Beach Life (Flourishes)
Paper - Baja Breeze, Chocolate Chip, White, Windsor Knot DSP, Close to Cocoa DSP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Chocolate Chip
Accessories - Deckle Edge Rectangle Nestabilities, Small and Large Circle Nestabilities, EK Success Dotted Wave Border Punch, Markers, Blender Pen, Natural Twine, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

8 comments:

Marisa said...

Your dad will love it. I want to be swinging in that hammock myself LOL! Love the twine at the bottom. Great card.

Kerrie said...

The scene reminded me of Fiji, just laying around in the hammock with a book..... Great card....

Denise Marzec said...

Ohhhh, love love LOVE this! This palm tree stamp is one of my FAVORITE summer images. Oh man, you're making me LOOOOOOONG for summer. He will LOVE this card!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Happy Birthday DB... I am sure he loved this card, and would love to have a couple of trees with a hammock to lie on endlessly!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Fabulous guy card, oh so relaxing and calming. He will love it.

Megan -- Paper Crafts by Megan said...

What a gorgeous card! I wish I was some place tropical right now! :)

Please check out my blog candy and NEW color combo challenge at: www.pictureperfectcreations.blogspot.com

-Megs :)

Cindy Groh said...

Fabulous card!!

Leigh said...

I love the scene on this card. Lovely and tropical.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails