Sunday, February 28, 2010

Featured Stamper Lillies

How excited was I to see this week's Featured Stamper is none other than my ODBD sister - Angie Crockett!!!  WOOHOO!!!!!  Congrats GF - you are so deserving of this honour!!!!  :)  I didn't have to go far when I decided to case her Lily of the Valley card.  I kept the same image, bow feature, piercing and similar green/white colours.  I modified the layout (I swear it started off more similar but morphed into something completely different!), added some layers, pearls and different sentiment.

I started with a base of Hazel Bazzill and layered with white (pierced edges) and some MME French Flea Market DSP.  Then I stamped both the Lily of the Valley and Sentiment from ODBD's Easter Blessings - which is being released TOMORROW!!!!  Make sure you pop on by for the blog hop starting 8am US EST or 11pm AU EST!!!  I coloured the lillies with markers and a blender pen (old olive, always artichoke, sage shadow and cut it out with Small Circle Nestabilities.  I pierced the edge and then matted it with a Label 1 Hazel Bazzill die cut.  Next I added the side flourishes (which are actually the ends from the largest tag out of Spellbinders Fancy Tags) and popped the whole panel up on foam tape.  Then I notched the sentiment and attached it to the bottom of the card, adding a May Arts White Satin Ribbon bow made with my Bow Easy to the end of the panel.  To finish I added some small Kaisercraft Snow Pearls to each of the corners of the feature panel.

Stamps - Easter Blessings (ODBD)
Paper - Hazel Bazzill, White, MME French Flea Market
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Small Circle and Label 1 Nestabilities, Spellbinders Fancy Tags, May Arts White Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls.

That's all for today, hope you pop by tomorrow for the blog hop!!!  :)

15 comments:

Marisa said...

These are my mom's favorite flower. I just love the smell of them and think of her every time I smell them :D You have done a lovely job with this card, Kathy! Great use of the flourishes from the tag. Fabulous card :D

Can I assume you will be cheering for Canada to win the Gold in hockey tomorrow....I mean we are a Commonwealth country with you and all LOL! If we win, Vancouver is going to be NUTS!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty card, beautiful colours ,the bow is great!
Susan
Europe

Kerrie said...

Another stunning card!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Looks great Kathy, the scroll things really balance out the main feature, nice papers too!

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

I really like your bow!! And your coloring is amazing love all the soft tones:)

Denise Marzec said...

Totally gorgeous image and papers, Kathy! I have some of that DP (okay, a lot of that DP, lol!) in my stash that I forgot about. I love it and need to pull it out and work with it again. Love it with the image and that big white bow.

Deborah Saaranen said...

This is absolutely delightful Kathy! I love everything about it! Your extra special touches abound!!!

jjcreations said...

oh my, oh my, oh my-----this card is fantastic. I absolutely love Lily of the Valley and this card just makes me think of their wonderful scent. I love everything about your creation!!!

Jean McKenzie said...

Very beautiful Kathy. Love how you use your Nesties and the pearls set it all off perfectly. I need to get home and finish some cards!!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

This is stunning Kathy!! Love your soft green and the white!! So elegant my friend!! YOu sure did Angie proud!!
hugs,
Chris

Hope you are having a great weekend and all is well!

Amy Sheffer said...

I totally feel like a broken record when I comment, but truly, once again, this is absolutely STUNNING!

Grace said...

A beautiful tribute to Angie, Kathy!!! I love the soft greens and how you used the fancy tag! Gorgeous in every detail!!!

Deb said...

Soooo beautiful! Love the circle, label and fancy tag together this way! So very elegant!

Stacy Morgan said...

Beautiful case. I like how you used the spellbinders. I might have to case you Kathy. hee hee

Leigh said...

So soft and pretty. The satin ribbon is gorgeous.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails