Friday, February 12, 2010

Nothing is harder...

This week Shannan Teubner lost her husband unexpectedly.  They had two sons aged 9yrs and 7yrs.  Although I don't know Shannan personally, I have visited her blog and have often seen her around SCS at release parties and so on.  Her story broke my heart - I simply cannot imagine how difficult this must be for her and her boys.  I just wanted to send a card to her and pray that she can find some comfort in the time ahead.

I used a base of Very Vanilla, layered with black and some Bella Bleu DSP.  A strip of black across the middle was punched on one edge with the Fiskars lace border punch, layered with vanilla and topped with black satin ribbon.  The sentiment is from JustRite's Thinking of You set and stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black, cut with Large Oval Nestabilities and mounted on a piece of black cut with the Label 4 Nestabilities and popped up.  To finish I added a black satin bow to the ribbon and a couple of black pearls to the top corner.

Stamps - Thinking of You (JustRite)
Paper - Very Vanilla, Black, Bella Bleu DSP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Large Oval and Label 4 Nestabilities, Fiskars Lace Border Punch, Black Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Kaisercraft Black Pearls, Foam Tape.

That's all for today and please remember Shannan and her family in your prayers.

9 comments:

Sharon said...

A beautiful card and a thoughtful gesture.

Sharon x

Rosietoes said...

I'm sure Shannan and her family will appreciate the love and thought that has gone into this lovely card.
Edna x

Lovely Linda said...

How thoughtful you are Kathy and this beautiful card will touch her heart I am sure. Could you please send me the link to the info, I would love to send her a card as well. I know nothing can take away her pain, but it dies feel great to know you are supported. She is definitely in my prayers!
Your card is so very elegant and perfect for this time Kathy - God bless you! {{{hugs}}}

Sabrina Jackson said...

Kathy, your card is absolutely stunning!!! I love everything about and even though it is for a very sad occasion, I am sure Shannon will love it and find comfort in knowing that people all around the world care!! Hugs and blessings, Sabrina

Stacy Morgan said...

This is beautiful and she will appreciate it very much. I didn't know about this. I need to send a card as well.

Marisa said...

Beautifully done, Kathy. I too will be sending her a card. I can't even begin to imagine what the kids are going through...mine are only 2 years older than hers and when I think of what it would do to them just makes me want to cry for her. I'm sure she will appreciate it greatly.

June Houck said...

Kathy, sympathy cards are the most difficult aren't they? Yours is gorgeous as are all of your lovely and elegant cards. I do not know of Shannan, my my thoughts and prayers are with her and her sons.

Grace said...

Kathy how special this is! Shannan's story does break our hearts and your card will certainly be a comfort! It's beautiful, elegant and thoughtful!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Great job with the black on this one, I am sure it will be well received by Shannan and her lads!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails