Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Pink Sweet Peas!!!

Here is another card for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Anniversary Challenge!!!  This one is hosted by Silke who has challenged us to make a card using PINK as your main colour!!!!  I love pink so I loved this challenge and what could be prettier than Pink Sweet Peas!!!  :)  If you want to play along, link your creation to Mr Linky on the Flourishes Blog and if you upload to SCS use the keyword FTTC52D!

I started with a base of white and layered with pink bazzill and more white embossed along the top with the new Jamara EF.  Across the bottom I've added two rows of piercing.  Next I added a piece of Kaisercraft Christmas Carnival DSP cut using the Label 8 Nestabilities.  I stamped the image from Sweet Peas in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with markers.  I then cut it out with Small Oval Nestabilities and matted it with pink cut with Large Oval Nestabilities and then the white scalloped oval cut with Large Scalloped Nestabilities.  Across the bottom of the card I added some pink ric rac and a Fancy Tag that has been sponged with Pretty in Pink and stamped with the sentiment from Sweet Peas.  To finish I added some Kaisercraft Snow Pearls to the corners of the Label 8 die cut.

Stamps - Sweet Peas (Flourishes)
Paper - Pink Bazzill, White, Kaisercraft Christmas Carnival DSP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Pretty in Pink
Accessories - Label 8 Nestabilities, Fancy Tags, Pink Ric Rac, Small, Large and Large Scalloped Oval Nestabilities, Jamara EF, Paper Piercer, Mat Pack, Dauber, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, Foam Tape.

There are more challenges to come, so pop back soon!!!  :)

27 comments:

Marisa said...

How many have you got on here, Kathy??!! I think this is one of my favorite images by Flourishes. Just love sweet peas and you have done a bang up job colouring them. Great nestie layering and the pearls in the corners of the panel are fabulous. Lovely sentiment panel and ribbon too.

Silke Ledlow said...

WOWZer Kathy - what a gorgeous card!!! Awesome design and use of the pink colors!!!

Thank you so much for making sample cards for this special event!!! Hugs ~S~

Leigh said...

Oh this is so pretty. Lovely image and fabulously coloured.

Lovely Linda said...

HI Kathy - this is gorgeous - I love those Sweet Peas, your colouring has brought them to life! Great layering and and perfect pearls! Thanks for sharing Kathy - Love it!! {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

This is such a sweet card! Love the sweet pea flower stamp.
~Carolyn

Denise Marzec said...

Another beauty, Kathy! LOOOOVE that fun ribbon behind the sentiment!

Stacy Morgan said...

Another fav set of mine... Very pretty, great layout and oh so beautiful coloring.

Danni said...

You've been busy! another one after my heart with the pink and pretty flowers..beautiful!

Carol L said...

This is just lovely!! I love the embossed background, sentiment panel and every little detail on this pretty card!!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Yes me likes the SP, as you know!! The sentiment looks great on the banner!

Karen W said...

Very pretty, I love the details!

Unknown said...

What a way to use the smaller bunch of sweet peas. Love the nesties and the sentiment tag on the ribbon.

jovialjudi said...

Wow! What a dainty and feminine card. I absolutely love everything about this one! Just gorgeous! TFS

Ravengirl said...

Very pretty! This is such a sweet image! Perfect for pink!

Smiles, Laurie said...

Lovely card, love how you have sponged the pink under the sentiment! Good choice using that Fancy Tag!

Ellen said...

Hello Kathy,

What shall I say this time...... all your cards are amazing. I am your fan!!

Hugs,
Ellenxxx

stampqueen said...

Great coloring and love the layers and all the texture!!!

Tracy said...

Beautiful card, love the ribbon you used.

Sonya said...

Such sweet Sweet Peas!!

Sabrina said...

I like the embossing and piercing, but it was that gorgeous ric-rac that caught my eye - after the sweet-peas.

Cammie said...

Pretty in pink! Bravo!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I love PINK and you truly have out done the BEST. There are a lot of different elements going on and it is my favorite. Truly stunning. You will need a vacation..

Dawn Frost said...

Wow beautiful card! The fancy label and the pearls are gorgeous!

Unknown said...

This is so clean and elegant! Love it!
hugs,

gini

Anonymous said...

What a pretty card! I especially like the ribbon that you used. It's so elegant! TFS
Beth Greco

Cathy Spicer said...

WOW, love all the great use of the dies, and the pink of course!

Trina Kuriger said...

So pretty! I love everything about the card, but I really love the way you usedthe pink rickrack!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails