Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Flourishes Cut and Pop!!

The next challenge for the Flourishes Timeless Tuesday Challenge is hosted by Betty and she has challenged us to CUT and POP!!!  This is one of my favourite things to do and I particularly love doing this with the Gerber Daisies set!!!  Come play along and add your link to Mr Linky on the Flourishes Blog and if you upload to SCS add the keyword FTTC52B!

I started with a base of Old Olive and layered with white and some DCWV DP!  Next I took some more Olive and cut it with the Mega Curved Rectangles and knotted some white satin ribbon across the bottom.  I then stamped the large daisies from Gerber Daisies in Memento Tuxedo Black, coloured with markers (Summer Sun, Apricot Appeal, Old Olive, Close to Cocoa) and a blender pen and cut them out with scissors and a scalpel.  I also coloured and cut out one of the butterflies from the same set.  I put both images up on foam tape over the rectangle panel.  To finish I added three Kaisercraft Snow pearls and the 'Friend' sentiment in black to the bottom of the card.

Stamps - Gerber Daisies (Flourishes)
Paper - Old Olive, White, DCWV DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Mega Curved Rectangle Nestabilities, Markers, Blender Pen, White Satin Ribbon, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls, Foam Tape, Scissors, Scalpel.

There's more challenges coming, so pop back soon!!!  :)

26 comments:

Betty Wright said...

Kathy, this is stunning! Your colors and design are wonderful! Your coloring is exquisite! Beautiful cut work detailing and design! Thanks so much for being a sample maker for my FTTC52B challenge!

Marisa said...

There are those lovely flowers again! Great colour combo.

Leigh said...

This is lovely. Yellow and green, beautiful together.

Lovely Linda said...

'Popped' to perfection my friend! Love the colours you have used, they are just perfect - bringing these flowers to life!! You have nailed this challenge Kathy - what fun we are having!! Thanks for sharing! {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

Pretty card and colors -- the pop-ups add nice dimension!
~Carolyn

Denise Marzec said...

LOOOOOVE these colors together!

Liz Williams said...

I just adore that plaid background with this pretty bouquet.
Beautiful job!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty, wonderful showcasing with the daisies cut out.

Danni said...

Loving all your creations!! This is so pretty!

Heide said...

This is just stunning!

Edna Morrisedie said...

More daisies... well they look nice in this colour way too!

Karen W said...

I love your coloring and shading on this. Beautiful!

Unknown said...

Love those daisies extended over the background and that perfect little butterfly. The colors are gorgeous.

Sabrina said...

I am loving all these popped up flowers - and your dainty little butterfly is the perfect addition.

Ravengirl said...

What a fresh and spring-y card! Love it!

Smiles, Laurie said...

I love the butterfly with these flowers. Fantastic colours...all your cards are really beautiful.

Lois said...

Had a little problem getting to the comment box, but I finally made it. Beautiful card, Kathy

Tracy said...

Love the color combo, and the way you popped up the daisies. That was a big job!

Sonya said...

Pretty pop ups!

stampqueen said...

Love your daisys - would not have thought to combine them with ginham paper but it is a perfect match!!!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

I really loved this challenge and you did a great job with the daisys.Great card, thanks for sharing your talents.

Cammie said...

Way to rock this challenge! Thanks for the inspiration.

Dawn Frost said...

I love your daisies, the colour combo you choose is awesome!

Unknown said...

This is so pretty. Love the colors!
hugs,
Gini

Cathy Spicer said...

AMAZING!! This is my fav Flourishes stamp and I have all digts crossed that I win one of the fun challenges so I can get it!!!

Trina Kuriger said...

Beatiful! I love how this stamp looks with the color combo you chose!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails