Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Fruity Birthday Challenge!

Welcome back to the next Flourishes Challenge!!!  This one is hosted by Dee who has challenged us to create a Fruity Birthday card or project!  Now when I first heard about this one, I thought - what am I going to do, I don't have any fruit stamps!!!  Then I thought why not use All Wrapped Up and some fruit paper!!!  Play along, there are prizes up for grabs!!!!  When you've made your project link your post to Mr Linky on the Flourishes Blog and if you upload to SCS, add the keyword FTTC52C!

I started with some dark pink bazzill and layered with light pink bazzill and white embossed with Swiss Dots.  I then took a strip of dark pink and punched both sides with the Martha Stewart Loop Punch and topped with a strip of cherry paper which is all glittery by DCWV.  I took the large present from All Wrapped Up and stamped it twice in Memento Tuxedo Black, once on white (colouring the bow and centre strip) and once on the cherry DP.  I then paper pieced the present and cut it out and popped it up on circles of light and dark pink bazzill and some pink satin ribbon.  To finish I added the sentiment from the same set to the top of the paper strip and some pink Kaisercraft rhinestones to the corner and ribbon.

Stamps - All Wrapped Up (Flourishes)
Paper - Dk Pink, Lt Pink, White, DCWV DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Small and Large Circle Nestabilities, Martha Stewart Loop Punch, Swiss Dots EF, Pink Satin Ribbon, Pink Kaisercraft Rhinestones, Scissors, Foam Tape.

There's more challenges coming so pop back soon!!!  :)

25 comments:

Marisa said...

Okay, I reeeally need to get to bed LOL! Great use of the MS border punch and I like how you've used the circle for the gift. Be still my heart - Swiss Dots LOL!

Leigh said...

Beautiful colours and love that punch.

Lovely Linda said...

What a perfect card for this challenge Kathy - I love the way you have used 'artistic licence' I had to do the same with this challenge - love what you have done! Thanks for sharing - I am loving it! {{{hugs}}}

Anonymous said...

Another pretty card -- like your take on the "fruity" part of the challenge!
~Carolyn

Dee Jackson said...

I love your take on the challenge! This card is beautiful!! I really like that "fruity" DP.Thank you so much for playing along in my challenge:)

Stacy Morgan said...

Cute cute birthday card.

Heide said...

adorable card!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Could you make this any brighter? Very Fruity Patootie!!

Karen W said...

Good creative thinking, works great for this and very pretty.

Ellen said...

Hello Kathy,

Here I am again;-). Your card is amazing. Beautiful coloring, amazing stamp and gorgeous details!!!!

Hugs,
Ellenxxx

Unknown said...

Cute as can be.I love how you carried the circle theme through the card Polka dot background, swirls in the border and a circle under the present.

Ravengirl said...

What a clever approach to this challenge. I may have to do the same with fruit paper! Thank you for the inspiration!

Lois said...

You got around the "no fruit stamp" problem very well. Very pretty card.

Smiles, Laurie said...

When I first saw your card with the Fruit Challenge in mind, I saw 'watermelon' (even if that wasn't your intention. This is a great card.

Sabrina said...

How dainty and pretty! I was thinking fruit colours, but now I have another idea that might be *fruitful* for me thanks to you.

stampqueen said...

Great idea - your colors are fruitful too - the green looks kiwi ish and the pink for berries.
Cute card!!

Tracy said...

Fantastic card. Love the layout and colors.

Sonya said...

Cute, love the borders!

Cammie said...

Lovely colors! Very pretty card!

Sylvia/LittleTreasures said...

Again just lovely. I love the vertical use of the border punch. Your colors are awesome

Unknown said...

Very sweet! great coloring. TFS!
hugs,
Gini

Cathy Spicer said...

Super sweet card! I think your colors are fruity enough even without the papers. LOVELY

Traci M said...

So cute...the paper pieceing is a great idea, and love your colors!

Trina Kuriger said...

This is such a fun card!

Dawn Frost said...

I LOVE the colours you chose for you bow on the present, awesome! The border punch you used is so elegant! Very nice card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails