Wednesday, January 20, 2010

FS154 A Touch of Red

I'm a little late posting this on my blog due to all the JustRite fun we've had going on this week!!  :)  This is the card I made for this week's FS Challenge.  The honour this week goes to Anne (aka jdmommy) and I chose her Layered Tulips in RED card.  Anne has a clean and simple style and a huge love of RED!  I changed the images, omitted the sentiment and used embossing instead of paper.

I started with a base of red bazzill and layered with white and more red embossed with the Jemara EF.  Across the middle I attached two pieces of black satin ribbon.  Next I stamped the flowers from Artfully Asian three times in black and coloured with markers and a blender pen.  I used the Fancy Tags die to draw a line around each and cut them out with a cutter and matted them on three black Fancy Tags die cuts.  Finished with a small black Kaisercraft pearl in each corner.

Stamps - Artfully Asian (SU)
Paper - Black, White and Red Bazzill
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Real Red, Always Artichoke
Accessories - Fancy Tags Spellbinders, Jemara EF, Black Satin Ribbon, Black Kaisercraft Pearls.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!

9 comments:

Marisa said...

LOVE how you used the tags to mount the image on!! Fabulous card!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very pretty. I love how you stamped the stems and fit them on the tag. Great job.

Laurie in MN said...

I love your card.

A Consuming Passion said...

Great use of the tags Kathy! - Love the deep red and black together - very dramatic!

Denise Marzec said...

Oh COOOL! I love the look of the flowers stamped on the fancy tags...awesome card!

Judy Covey said...

Absolutely love the layout and papers used for your card.

Christy Farneth-Kerr said...

Really like the way you used the tag:) Very clever !!

jjcreations said...

This is beautiful - fantastic job on the sketch challenge!!

Unknown said...

awesome card Kathy!!! I love the color combination and I really like the fancy tags used that way. I will have to remember that for the future.

TFS,
Angela

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails