Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Be Happy!!!

Hello Everyone!!!  Well the DTGD week continues and this one thankfully incorporates three challenges - if I don't combine a few there is NO WAY I'm going to get all 33 done!!  This is a new Stamping Bella stamp I bought not long ago - isn't she CUTE!!!  The sentiment is part of the same set.  I don't know it's just so HAPPY!!  :)

I started with a pink bazzill base and layered with white and some Hey Birdie DSP.  The next panel is more white (punched on one end with the Lacy Days of Summer border punch) and topped with more Hey Birdie DSP.  Across the middle is some lighter pink bazzill (I actually embossed it with Swiss Dots - not that you can see it now!) and topped with some white crochet ribbon.  I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics (R81, R83, R85, R89, G20, G21, G24, Y11, Y21, Y23, E31, E000, E01, 0) and cut out with Small Circle Nestabilities and matted with pale pink (large circle nestabilities) and dark pink (big scallop circle nestabilities) and popped it all up on X-press It Foam Mounting Tape.  Next I stamped the sentiment and cut it out as a notched tag, curving it a bit and added a foam butterfly (thanks to my dear friend Michelle) to the end and finally I finished by adding pink rhinestones to the butterfly and flowers of the image.

Stamps - Grattytude (Stamping Bella) 
Paper - Pink Bazzill (2 shades), X-press It Blending Card, White, Kaisercraft Hey Birdie DSP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Copics, Small, Large, Big Scallop Circle Nestabilities, Crochet Lace, Fabric Butterfly, Lace Days of Summer Border Punch, Kaisercraft Pink Rhinestones, X-press It Foam Mounting Tape.

Don't forget I've got Blog Candy and if you want to be in the draw to win please leave a comment on the post found HERE - the winner will be chosen from the list of names in the comments on that post on Monday Australian EST.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!! :)

13 comments:

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Kathy. I love the DP and the crochet ribbon they are so pretty. Glad you're enjoying the challenges on SCS!

Jessie said...

This is so sweet Kathy, love it :)

Mandi-Lee said...

Kath is that a non floral image!!! She looks beautiful!
xxx

Velta said...

You are right Kathy...she is CUTE!! Love your layout too!!

Marisa said...

Totally darling card, Kathy! Love that butterfly shape! Gret colouring and that flower DP is great. Way to go one the challenges - I'll live vicariously through yours!

Renkata said...

Very sweet and beautiful card. Great combination of colours and DP.

Tina said...

Gorgeous card! Love the felt butterfly and that crochet ribbon.

Denise Marzec said...

I am LOOOOOOOVIN' this one!!....adorable image, fun papers, great layout, and your embellishing couldn't be more perfect! So sweet!

Mona Pendleton said...

Super cuuuuute Kathy! I love how you captured the highlights in her blonde hair! (going to get mine touched up tomorrow :) MaryAnne tried really hard to teach me how to color hair but mine did not even come close to looking as professional as yours or hers! LOL sigh...one day!

Edna Morrisedie said...

Nice to see some ink on your newbie, she looks delicious and lots of fun, nice job with the challenges my friend, keep spitting them out!

Chris Olsen, Glowbug said...

Oh how sweet Kathy!! I so love that image and your layout!! Awesome job on all the challenges!! I so wish I had time to play. Maybe I can play with a few...You go girl on the 33...Can't wait to see them!
hugs,
Chris

Sharon said...

She is very cute Kathy! (So is the sentiment). I love the layout too.
Beautiful card as always :)

Sharon x

Grace said...

Just adorable Kathy! LOVE that lace and adorable image! Great job combining challenges!!!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails