Thursday, November 18, 2010

Joyous Noel

Hello Everyone!!  Today I decided to play along with this week's Splitcoast Sketch Challenge - don't know about you, but I am STILL in need of Christmas cards and thought this sketch would be perfect!!  :)

I started with a base of Riding Hood Red and stamped the Poinsettia Background stamp by Our Daily Bread Designs in versamark just to give the plain card base a bit of 'oompf'!  For the next two panels I used some left over scraps of Kaisercraft Belle DP and matted them with some green bazzill.  Around the top panel I've attached some 1/2" white satin ribbon.  Next I stamped the Holly Tag from ODBD in Memento Tuxedo Black onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured the Holly in with Copics (G24, G28, R24, R29) and then stamped the sentiment from the same set in the middle of the tag.  I used the matching Tag Die to cut it out - how easy is that!!!  :)  Next I added a matching white satin bow and topped it with a red button and gold cord.  To finish I added a few white pearls to the top corner.

Stamps - Holly Tag Set, Poinsettia Background (ODBD)
Paper - X-press It Blending Card, Riding Hood Red, Green Bazzill, Kaisercraft Belle DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black, Versamark
Accessories - Copics, Tag Die, White Satin Ribbon, Bow Easy, Red Button, Gold Cord, Kaisercraft Snow Pearls

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I love your card/ It's so simple and yet elegant at the same time. Keep up the great work.

Leigh said...

Love the simplicity of this card Kathy. Gorgeous.

Edna Morrisedie said...

I like the panels and the BG stamping adds lovely detail too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails