Monday, November 8, 2010

A Personal Engagement

Hi Everyone!!!  Recently I had a friend ask if I could make an engagement card for her to give to her nephew and fiancee.  The invitation was purple, black and white - so I went with that colour palette.  She also wanted to have their names on the card - JustRite to the rescue!!  :)  Actually, that was the first thing that drew me into JustRite, was the ability to customise my cards with names and dates and such.

I started with a base of black and layered with white and some purple bazzill that I embossed with a heart embossing folder from Provocraft's Love Language set.  Next I added a square of MME Lush DP which was layered with a piece of black cut with Label 16 Nestabilities and then added a piece of white May Arts Satin Ribbon.  I created the sentiment panel with the Romantic Sentiments Centers and customised the outside with the 15 point font from the 2" Wood Stamper, Font and Center set.  I cut it out with Large Circle Nestabilities and matted with the new Lacey Circles Nestabilities and popped it all up on foam tape.  To finish I added a little bling to each of the corners!!  :)

Stamps - Romantic Sentiments Centers, 2" Wood Stamper, Font and Center Set (JustRite)
Paper - Black, White, Purple Bazzill, MME Lush DP
Ink - Memento Tuxedo Black
Accessories - Label 16, Large Circle and Lacy Circle Nestabilities, May Arts Satin Ribbon, Love Language EF, Kaisercraft Silver Rhinestones, Foam Tape.

That's all for today, thanks for visiting!!!  :)

7 comments:

Jessie said...

Beautiful card Kathy!

Mona Pendleton said...

Stunning card Kathy! So elegant and classy! I am sure your friend will be thrilled!

Silke Ledlow said...

Strikingly gorgeous engagement card Kathy!!! Your friend will love it too!!! Hugs ~S~

Anonymous said...

Stunning work, Kathy, I love that it's personalised.

Edna Morrisedie said...

I like the black and white with the pop of colour, great way to incorporate "their" colours... personalisation is great too!

velta said...

Of course the personalization will mean the world to the couple...As always you have come out on top Kathy...Just beautiful!!

Stacy Morgan said...

Very elegant a perfect engagement card.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails