Sunday, December 11, 2011

Teacher Gift

Hi Everyone!!  Here in Australia it is the end of the school year!  My boys have now finished Grade 4 and Grade 1 and what a hectic few weeks it has been!  I apologise for the lack of blogging, I've just been too exhausted to keep up with it all of late.  I do however have a couple of journals to show!  Each year I give covered notebooks to each of the teachers and aids (which this year came to a total of 6!) and although I'm not going to show them all, I thought I would show you a couple!  ;)  This one went to the Grade 1 teacher (who my eldest son also had a few years ago!) and I know she loves pinks and greens.

I've taken some Kaisercraft paper and covered the front and then added some wide white ribbon down the side.  Next I added a panel of more paper matted with pink bazzill with the bottom punched with the MS Iron Gate Punch and added a piece of pink ribbon down the side.  The image is from Flourishes' Lenten Rose set, has been stamped in Memento Tuxedo Black and coloured with Copic Markers, cut out with Large Rectangle Nestabilities and then matted with pink bazzill cut with Fleur de Lis Rectangle Nestabilities.  I've finished by adding some pink pearls to the top corner and the teacher's name to the striped panel.

This teacher retired from full time teaching this year and we were sad to see her go, but I'm happy to say, she loved the journal!!  ;)

Thanks for visiting, I'll have another one for you soon!!  :)

5 comments:

Angella D. Crockett said...

Hey, Kathy girl! Just stopping by to see what you are up to! You are too sweet to make those journals...I bet they flipped over them! Miss you bunches! Hope you and your family are doing great! Love and hugs! Angie

Leigh said...

I'm sure the teachers love these gifts, they are so fabulous. Love the colours and the pretty flowers.

Gab said...

That is such a great idea and so pretty Kathy. I'm making up card sets for teachers here! And Front Office staff as well as they do so much!

pam124 said...

Another fabulous journal Kathy. I've never done one of these and it's such a perfect gift. Yours is soooo pretty. I'm on your blog feed, so sometimes I comment here and sometimes on SCS. Take care my friend!

Edna Morrisedie said...

One of my fave flourishes stamps looks great on the notebook and the colours are great too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails