Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Featured Stamper - Jaydekay

It's been such a long time since I've uploaded, what with Christmas and the school Summer holidays. I'm trying to kick start my sluggish mojo with this week's Featured Stamper challenge. I've chosen this card by Jaydekay to case. I've changed the colours, the shape of the centre panel, a different rose stamp (since I didn't have the one she used), added paper, corner embellishments and a sentiment.
I started with a mid pink Bazzill base and matted with a pale pink that I had embossed with the cuttlebug and 'Textile' embossing folder. Across the bottom I used some pink stripe paper by 7 Gypsies that I found in my stash. Across the join is some white grosgrain ribbon and the corners are done using the 'Vintage' die set cut out in white card. The centre panel has been made using the biggest oval nestabilities and I've pierced the scallops with a paper piercer and stamped the sentiment from SU's Elegant Cheer in Close to Cocoa. The rose is from SU's 'A Rose is a Rose', stamped in Petal Pink and Orchid (Versacolor) and cut out. The leaves are stamped in Sage (full and stamped off once) and cut out. (Sorry neither of these sets are available in Australia yet.) The entire panel was popped up on foam tape to finish.
That's it for today, it's great to be back and thanks for visiting! :)

2 comments:

jhet said...

Hi Kathy! Glad you're back on track! It's a very gorgeous card..I like the subtleness of it.

Have a blessed day!

Hugs!

Leigh said...

This is such a pretty card. I love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails