Saturday, January 24, 2009

SC212 - Sketch Challenge

I need to make a heap of cards - particularly birthday cards - so I thought I'd use this week's SCS Sketch Challenge to start with. I'm not sure if I'm totally happy with the result - feels a bit busy to me?! What do you think??
I started with a green bazzill base, matted with white and then matted again with a piece of pink bazzill that I embossed with the Swiss Dots embossing folder (I LOVE my Swiss Dots EF!!). Then I added a piece of striped Clover paper and added some pink satin ribbon across the bottom and topped it with the sentiment from Short and Sweet ( Stampin Up! ) and punched out with oval punches (also SU). The rectangle was cut out with classic and scalloped Mega Rectangle Nestabilities (from Bizzy Becs ) and the top layer put through the cuttlebug with Swiss Dots. The flower (from SU's Live Your Dream, currently available in the Australian Mini Catty) was stamped in Versacolor and cut out and put on top of the Swiss Dots. From the same set I stamped the butterfly and punched it out with circle punches and added some paper piercing and pearls.
That's all for now, thanks for visiting!! :)

2 comments:

Edna Morrisedie said...

I think the balance is good/right, not too busy at all....

Leigh said...

Oh it's beautiful. Very pretty card. I love it.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails