Monday, May 11, 2020

Mother's Day


Hello Everyone! Today I have a Twist and Pop Card that I made for my Mum for Mother's Day.  I've used a range of new products by Divinity Designs including the Twist and Pop Dies used to create this awesome pop out inside!  My Mum has had a rough year; three months ago we found out her cancer has returned and she's been undergoing treatment since then.  I wanted to make sure that this Mother's Day Card was something with extra pizazz and hopefully brings a smile to her face!

I've used the A2 Portrait Card Base with Layer to cut the purple base (her favourite colour!), layered with white (cut with Matting Rectangle) and topped with Watercolor Paper cut with the matting layer in the A2 Portrait Card Base with Layer set.  Next I've used Lavish Layers and Delicate Doily to cut white card and Pierced Circles to cut a piece of gold.  I've stamped the sentiment from My World SDD onto white card and cut with Circles Die.  I've then stamped the roses from My World onto X-press It Blending Card and coloured with Copics and cut with the matching die.  I've accented with leaves cut with Pretty Posies and Leaves and Branches Dies.


To decorate the inside of this card, I've used the A2 Portrait Card Base with Layer to cut the Watercolor Paper layered.  I've then cut gold card using Delicate Doily and cut it in half to decorate the middle so that it frames the twist and pop section.  I've then used the Trellis Strip die to cut a piece of white card, trimmed to size and sliced in half to decorate the top and bottom.  Next I've cut the Twist and Pop mechanism panel out of white and the accordion panel in purple using the new Twist and Pop with Layers Dies and followed the instructions to glue it all together.  I've taken a piece of white card and brushed on some Sugared Lavender ink using the Roses Mixed Media Stencil and then die cut with the layer die from Twist and Pop with Layers Dies.  I've then decorated the panels using Layering Hearts, Long and Lean Letters, My World (rose stamp and die), Pretty Posies, Leaves and Branches.      

Stamps - My World SDD (Divinity Designs)
Ink - Gray Flannel, Versafine Black
Paper - Divinity Designs Watercolor Paper Pad, Purple, White, Teal, Deep Pink, Gold, Green, X-press It Blending Card
Accessories - Divinity Designs Dies: Delicate Doily, Twist & Pop with Layers, A2 Portrait Card Base with Layer, Matting Rectangle, Pretty Posies, Leaves and Branches, Circles, Pierced Circles, Long and Lean Letters, Layering Hearts, Trellis, Lavish Layers; DD Roses Mixed Media Stencil, Copics


I hope you like my take on a twist and pop up card, I really enjoyed making this fun card and I'm sure I'll be making many more in the future!  Thanks for visiting and as always, I hope you are inspired to stamp.

1 comment:

Gab said...

So so pretty. I hope you had a great Mother's Day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails