Wednesday, May 20, 2020

Twist and Pop 15th!


Hello Everyone!  Today I have another Twist and Pop Up Card, this time for my son who is 15yrs today!  No longer my little Benasaurus, he towers a good foot over me these days, but I love him to bits still.  Happy Birthday Ben!

I decided to make him something a little extra special, especially considering we are still enduring the effects of the pandemic and celebrating a birthday is somewhat subdued.  I made him a Twist and Pop Up card - now he's grown up with handmade cards all his life and he nodded his approval at the closed card when it came out of the envelope, but his expression when it popped out was awesome!!

I've used the A2 Portrait Card Base and Layer die to cut the red base and patterned paper layer (using America the Beautiful Paper Pad).  I've used the Matting Rectangle for the white card layer.  I've added a piece of black mesh ribbon across the card.  Next I created the focal panel of blue, die cut with Large Banner Die, black cut with Pierced Circles, red cut with Sparkling Stars and silver paper cut with Large Numbers to create the 15.  I've popped this whole panel up on foam tape.  I've then used Curvy Slopes Die to cut a piece of black card for the bottom and accented with a silver star and some silver pearls.






For the inside, I've used the A2 Portrait Card Base and Layer to cut the white card layer and then added a strip of America the Beautiful Paper on each side.  I've used the Twist and Pop with Layers dies to create the pop up mechanism and panel, accenting with America the Beautiful Paper and then added silver and black stars using Sparkling Stars and created his name using Letter B, Letter E and Letter N dies.

Stamps - NONE
Ink - NONE
Paper - Divinity Designs America the Beautiful, Red, White, Black, Silver, Blue
Accessories - Divinity Designs Dies: Twist and Pop with Layers, A2 Portrait Card Base and Layer, Large Banner, Pierced Circles, Sparkling Stars, Curvy Slopes, Letter B, Letter E and Letter N; X-press It Foam Tape, Glue, Black Mesh Ribbon

That's all from me today, thanks for sharing a little bit of your day with me today and I hope you are inspired to stamp!  :)

1 comment:

Gab said...

Really cool card Kathy and I hope your son had a great day!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails