Thursday, May 7, 2020

Twist and Pop Birthday


Hello Everyone!  I haven't been in my craftroom for a very long time, but a parcel from Divinity Designs arrived on my doorstep with new goodies that needed some attention.  I know I've been away for a long time, we've had some serious health issues affect my family that required me to be away from home for long periods of time this year.  More than likely I will be away on and off for more time throughout the year, but I'm trying to get into my craftroom more as creativity is good for your soul.

Today's project is a Twist and Pop Card!  I've seen some of these created recently but this is the first one I've actually made myself.  I've created the base card using the A2 Portrait Card Base with Layer and Matting Rectangle to cut the white base and purple and Whimsical Wildflower layers.  Around this I've added a piece of white ribbon.  Next I've used Large Banner Dies to cut cream card, Delicate Doily to cut purple card and Happy Birthday Caps to cut white card and airbrush with V09 Copic.


The inside is where the action all happens......literally!!  Here I've used the new Twist and Pop with Layers dies.  The twist mechanism I cut with white and then topped with the accordion panel made of purple.  I followed the instructions that are inside the packaging and it's really easy to follow for those who haven't made one before (like me!).  I've layered with more Whimsical Wildflower paper and then cut the name of my niece using Letter K, Letter A and Letter I out of yellow card and airbrushed with Y26 Copic.  Inside the card I've used the Roses Mixed Media Stencil to add a decorative pattern to the top and stamped the roses image from My World Stamp/Die Duo to the bottom and lightly coloured with Copics.

My niece Kaia, doesn't find her name on things very often so I like to make things a little more personal for her and hope shes likes not just the name but the twist and pop action as well!

Stamps - My World SDD (Divinity Designs)
Ink - Gray Flannel, Sugared Lavender
Paper - Divinity Designs Whimsical Wildflowers, White, Purple, Yellow
Accessories - Divinity Designs Dies: Delicate Doily, Twist & Pop with Layers, A2 Portrait Card Base with Layer, Matting Rectangle, Large Banner, Happy Birthday Caps, Letters K, A and I; DD Roses Stencil, Copics

Thanks for hanging in there and reading to the end and sorry I haven't been around for such a long time.  I really appreciate you visiting today and hope you, like me, are getting into your creative space and are inspired to stamp!

1 comment:

Gab said...

I've missed your blog posts! I hope you and your family are surviving life in lockdown!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails